Thursday, October 11, 2007

Great banner ad


I don't usually click on banner ads. They just don't speak to me. However, I came across one today that I thought I would share. In fact it motivated me to actually start this blog. I see good and horrible examples of marketing online all the time and don't have anyone to share it with. Thus the blog. I hope you enjoy.

I was on Thesaurus.com looking for other ways to say "people." There are a lot by the way, but none as easy to use as just saying "people." there was a banner ad for Microsoft's "live search" product. It said, "Top 10 shark infested beaches." Come on, what guy is not going to click on that!? I clicked and it went to a search page that had search results for - you guessed it - the top ten shark infested beaches.

What a great campaign for a search company. Have banners for "world's worst hair-dos" or "what I shouldn't wear to the beach this summer" for the women and, I don't know, "autopsy results" or something gross for the guys.

Anyway, good job Microsoft. You got me to click.

-Shaun

No comments: